**IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW NEEDS HELP PREPARING A HOME FOR REBUILDING, WE CAN HELP.**
So far NJ Strong has prepared over 100 homes for rebuilding, that includes removing drywall, flooring, appliances, heaters and boilers and all debris. We are now moving into a rebuilding phase. We are working on several rebuilding projects in Ortley Beach trying to help put down floors and walls and restore normalcy for as many families as we can.
To apply for a home clean-up or recovery assistance through NJ Strong, fill out the forms under the Need Help tab!
Damages and Need of Assistance and Shelter:
1) reNew Jersey Stronger: Governor Christie has set up several funding opportunities for…
For all questions regarding these opportunites go to the ReNew Jersey Stronger website here.
3) NJ Office of Emergency Management: http://www.ready.nj.gov/programs/sandy_recovery.html
Unemployment or Damage to BUSINESSES:
If you have lost your job or are out of work from Hurricane Sandy go to this link https://njsuccess.dol.state.nj.us/html/uimain.html
If your business was damaged there is a system of help established that can be found here: Information for all services may be easily accessed through New Jersey’s Business Action Center (BAC) by calling 1-866-534-7789 or through the state’s business portal at www.newjerseybusiness.gov, the “one-stop” shop for business resources.
Mental Health and Crisis Counseling:
If you or someone you know needs help coping with loss…
1) Mental Health Association in New Jersey is offering assistance through a toll free Disaster Mental Health Helpline: 1-877-294-HELP (4357).
2) Disaster Distress Hotline through SAMHSA: http://www.disasterdistress.samhsa.gov/ Phone: 1-800-985-5990
3) NJ Disaster Critical Incident Stress Response: http://www.njdcisr.org/index.html Phone: 1-866-4UN-J1ST (completely confidential)
4) County by County Listing of Crisis Mental Health Screening Centers: http://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/dmhs/services/centers/
For more information visit the NJ Mental Health Association Website: http://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/dmhs/disaster/